Big Sean ON: Why Self-Care Isn't Selfish & How to Find Balance in Any Relationship
Do you want to meditate daily with me? Go to go.calm.com/onpurpose to get 40% off a Calm Premium Membership. Experience the Daily Jay. Only on Calm
Jay Shetty sits down with Big Sean to talk about personal growth and dealing with relationships. In order to be of service to others, we all need to take care of our needs first. This is why self-care is something you owe to yourself, it is something you deserve in any way, shape, and form. And when you master self-care, you become better at handling your emotions, you get more invested in your relationships, and you become more aware of the things that truly make you fulfilled and happy.
Big Sean is a popular American rapper. He has won several awards including the ‘MTV Music Awards’, and ‘BET Awards’ over the course of his career. He cites stars like Eminem and Kanye West as his inspirations and has released a total of four music albums till date. Big Sean, in collaboration with rapper and producer Hit-Boy released an EP entitled What You Expect in October 2021.
Want to be a Jay Shetty Certified Life Coach? Get the Digital Guide and Workbook from Jay Shetty https://jayshettypurpose.com/fb-getting-started-as-a-life-coach-podcast/
What We Discuss:
- 00:00 Intro
- 04:57 Most of the external things start internally
- 13:24 Be open to other possibilities and options
- 16:35 How often do you practice gratitude?
- 25:29 Self care is the opposite of being selfish
- 32:10 A shift in mindset can totally change our perspective
- 40:06 When you’re rich even without money
- 44:45 Approach everything with happiness within you
- 52:00 We don’t give ourselves permission for things we don't deserve
- 53:13 You have to listen to yourself
- 56:50 How can you serve others?
- 01:00:25 Clear the blockages within you
- 01:06:00 Balancing the distance in your relationship
- 01:15:41 Find someone who you can exchange the same energy with
- 01:23:09 Don’t give up on yourself