Developing People Skills in the Adjusting World with Brock Hargrove Part 2
In last week’s episode, I introduced you to Brock Hargrove, a 5-year independent insurance adjuster with Royal Adjusting Services. Over the years, Brock has not only handled many of our daily claims, but he has also helped train many of our top adjusters through our ride-along training program. He shared some of his insights on a few of the most common challenges that many new adjusters face when transitioning into the field.
On today’s episode, Brock shares how he manages to mesh his professional life as a daily claims adjuster and building company owner with his personal life. He shares tips, strategies, and tools he uses throughout his busy work day to keep his schedule straight, plan his workday each day, and stay on top of claim corrections and phone calls.
“You have to stay proactive in it. I think it’s the number one thing to keep up with everything you’ve got.” Brock Hargrove
In This Episode of Adjuster Talk:
- Workday structures and planning strategies
- Using mapping software
- How being readily available and prepared for claim corrections can impact your success and reputation in the insurance adjusting industry
- Productive and efficient ways to map your daily claims route
- Appointment setting techniques and being influential
- Making time for your family as an independent adjuster
- CAT work vs daily claims work
Brock’s Advice to New Adjusters:
- Make the jump, but make a clean jump.
- Keep your head on straight and focus on what you want to do.
Connect. Share. Inspire.
Thanks for tuning in to the Adjuster Talk podcast with your host, Jason Heenan! If you enjoyed today’s episode, please head over to iTunes to subscribe to the show and leave an honest review. You can also connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
If you’re interested in working with us, please feel free to email Jason at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mindy at email@example.com with your resume to apply to be on our approved adjuster roster today!