How to Be a Fearless Engineer with Cerebras Systems Founder and CEO Andrew Feldman
Innovators don’t see limitations – they see challenges. And that’s exactly what happened when Andrew Feldman and his team at Cerebras Systems were told that it was impossible to build a computer chip that could deliver the same performance as hundreds of graphics processing units. They tackled that challenge head-on, and have created the CS-2, the fastest AI computer in existence. This mega-sized chip is being used to tackle the world’s most pressing problems. None of this would have been possible without a bit of audacity and what Andrew calls “fearless engineering”. Dive into the thought process of a status-quo challenger on this episode of IT Visionaries.
Tune in to learn:
- What is Cerebras doing that others can’t? (0:23)
- What is the difference between a regular computer and an “AI” computer? (2:34)
- How does a bigger chip make a difference? (6:55)
- How do our work habits affect tech? (8:48)
- What is the mindset of someone who tackles unsolvable problems? (13:34)
- How is AI shifting the way we approach healthcare? (14:30)
- How is creating new hardware similar to raising a baby? (21:05)
- Why does a faster computer change everything? (23:21)
- Will Cerebras ever try to go even faster? (27:43)
IT Visionaries is brought to you by Salesforce Platform. If you love the thought leadership on this podcast, Salesforce has even more meaty IT thoughts to chew on. Take your company to the next level with in-depth research and trends right in your inbox. Subscribe to a newsletter tailored to your role at Salesforce.com/newsletter.
Mission.org is a media studio producing content for world-class clients. Learn more at mission.org.