Sustainable Travel 101 (How to Be A Better Traveler) w/ Richard Hammond
Have you ever wondered how you can lessen your environmental impact during your next adventure?
This week I am joined by Richard Hammond, who has devoted his life to helping others understand their environmental impact and how to make changes to live a more sustainable life.
If you are someone who travels often then you don’t want to miss this episode, we cover practical strategies for lessening your carbon footprint, why travel helps us understand ourselves as global citizens, how to spot a company using greenwashing as a marketing strategy, and so much more.
Which one of Richard’s tips will you apply to your next trip? I'd love to hear what they are and hope you will share them by sending me an audio message.
Don't forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Click Here To Try Premium Passport For Only $1 and get:
- Access To The Zero To Travel Podcast Archives (300+ amazing episodes and growing)
- One Bonus Episode Per Month (Decided By YOU) + Exclusive Content You Can’t Hear Anywhere Else
- Ask Me (Jason) Your Burning Questions, and Get A Personal Answer!
- All Episodes Ad-Free (From April 2021 Onward)
- How climate change and sustainable travel became Richard’s primary focus
- Why it has taken so long for eco-tourism to become mainstream
- The reason travel is a necessity to build a more sustainable future
- Why you should work towards being carbon neutral when traveling
- Tips for becoming a “flexitarian” when traveling
- Which forms of travel have the lowest carbon footprint
- What is “greenwashing” and how to spot a truly sustainable company
- Why becoming a green traveler is a state of mind
- How to find the most efficient airlines
- Simple packing tips to make your trip more environmentally friendly
- The 3 Golden Rules to be more environmentally friendly on your next trip
- Why it is crucial to share your actions with others
- How to seek new adventures as a green traveler
- All about Richard’s new book
- The importance of habitat preservation for wildlife
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Check out Green Traveller
- Get a copy of the Green Traveller book
- Location Indie
- Is Your Summer Vacation Destroying The Planet? w/ Seth Kugel
- Biking The World For Climate Change w/ Devi Lockwood
- 5th Anniversary Special: Conscious Travel Mindset with Rob Greenfield