177: Listen and Learn -- Best Evidence Rule
Welcome back to the Bar Exam Toolbox podcast! Today, we're focusing on an important topic in Evidence – the Best Evidence Rule, which requires a witness to produce the document whose contents he or she is testifying about.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How Evidence is different from most other topics on the bar exam
- The Best Evidence Rule and its related exceptions
- Analyzing several hypos from previous California bar exams
- Structuring an answer to an Evidence question on the bar exam
- “Listen and Learn” series (https://barexamtoolbox.com/bar-exam-toolbox-podcast-archive-by-topic/bar-exam-toolbox-podcast-explaining-individual-mee-and-california-bar-essay-questions/#listen-learn)
- Private Bar Exam Tutoring (https://barexamtoolbox.com/private-bar-exam-tutoring/)
- The Brainy Bar Bank: Streamlining Bar Study (https://barexamtoolbox.com/brainy-bar-bank/)
- California Bar Examination – Essay Questions and Selected Answers, July 2005 (https://nwculaw.edu/pdf/bar/July%202005%20Essays%20and%20Sample%20Answers.pdf)
- California Bar Examination – Essay Questions and Selected Answers, February 2012 (https://www.calbar.ca.gov/Portals/0/documents/admissions/CBXFeb2012_SelectedAnswers_R.pdf)
- Podcast Episode 24: Tackling a California Bar Exam Essay: Professional Responsibility and Evidence (https://barexamtoolbox.com/podcast-episode-24-tackling-a-california-bar-exam-essay-professional-responsibility-and-evidence/)
- Podcast Episode 79: Tackling an MEE Criminal Law/Procedure and Evidence Essay (https://barexamtoolbox.com/podcast-episode-79-tackling-an-mee-criminal-law-procedure-and-evidence-essay/)
- Podcast Episode 91: Listen and Learn – Logical and Legal Relevance (https://barexamtoolbox.com/podcast-episode-91-listen-and-learn-logical-and-legal-relevance/)
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/bar-exam-toolbox-podcast-pass-bar-exam-less-stress/id1370651486) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Bar Exam Toolbox website (https://barexamtoolbox.com/contact-us/). Finally, if you don't want to miss anything, you can sign up for podcast updates (https://barexamtoolbox.com/get-bar-exam-toolbox-podcast-updates/)!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee