Episode 213: Meet the ONS Board of Directors: Brant, Burger, and Knoop
What is it like to govern a professional association that serves more than 100,000 oncology nurses? ONS President Jeannine Brant, PhD, APRN-CNS, AOCN®, FAAN, and Directors-at-Large Val Burger, MA, MS, RN, OCN®, CPN, and Teresa Knoop, MSN, RN, AOCN®, reflect on their roles in the Board’s executive committee, how a diverse Board supports a diverse membership, and how you can get involved in ONS leadership.
Music Credit: "Fireflies and Stardust" by Kevin MacLeod
Licensed under Creative Commons by Attribution 3.0
Earn 0.75 contact hours of nursing continuing professional development (NCPD) by listening to the full recording and completing an evaluation at myoutcomes.ons.org by June 24, 2024. The planners and faculty for this episode have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose. ONS is accredited as a provider of NCPD by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Check out these resources from today’s episode:
- Complete this evaluation for free NCPD.
- Apply for the Leadership Development Committee.
- ONS Voice article: Find Your Voice With ONS’s Leadership Development Committee
- ONS Voice article: New Selection Process Supports Diversity on the ONS Board of Directors
- ONS Voice article: Nursing Leadership Has Space for You and Your Goals
- Find an ONS chapter near you.
- ONS Leadership Learning Library
- ONS Leadership Process
- ONS Strategic Plan
To discuss the information in this episode with other oncology nurses, visit the ONS Communities.
To provide feedback or otherwise reach ONS about the podcast, email pubONSVoice@ons.org.