481: The #1 Superfood to Heal Your Immune System | Dr. Jeffrey Bland
A lifelong educator, Jeff has traveled the world many times over in his role as the “father of functional medicine.”
In 1991, he and his wife, Susan, founded The Institute for Functional Medicine.
Jeff is the author of The Disease Delusion: Conquering the Causes of Chronic Illness for a Healthier, Longer, and Happier Life, as well as countless additional books and research papers.
Today we go upstream from chronic inflammation and look at the immune system's role in the current health crisis + how to fix it.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What is immuno-rejuvenation?
- The Immuno-Identity questionnaire
- Wearable fitness trackers can tap into your immune health
- Every chronic disease is related to immune dysfunction
- Where does inflammation come from?
- Every two months our immune system cells are replaced
- Himalayan tartary buckwheat contains immune-activating phytochemicals
- Focusing on balancing your immune system, not boosting it
- Is your autoimmune disease the result of bad genes?
- Why a low-antigen diet is used for immuno-rejuvenation
- Immuno-rejuvenating foods to include in your diet
- Time-restricted feeding is recommended for immuno-rejuvenation
- Supplements to rejuvenate your immune system
- PRM fish oils help reduce inflammation
- Why does cod liver oil get a bad rap?
- Being active for 40 minutes a day
- Your immune system rejuvenates while you sleep
- How to build resilience to balance your immune system
- Setting realistic daily goals
- Developing a coIMMUNITY
- Factors in our environment that negatively impact the immune system
- Eating foods produced by companies with social responsibility
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. If you'd prefer to watch vs listen to the interviews, head over to our YouTube channel and enjoy the full video conversations. Be sure and subscribe while you're there.
3. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
4. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
5. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
7. Share using the buttons below.