Local SEO and Marketing Q&A Session May 7, 2021
Each week, Eric, Jason and Ben answer your questions on digital marketing for local businesses … local search engine optimization (SEO), Google My Business, social media, email marketing, websites, online advertising and more.
This Week's Updates and Questions
- Why can’t I designate a service area business GMB listing as nationwide?
- How do I update old listings on Yext that are different from my current listing?
- Do you have any recommendations for self-serve geo-fencing?
- Is there a good way to report an agency that runs contests for reviews for their clients?
- How do you handle a reviewer on GMB who keeps updating the one-star review periodically to bump it to the top?
- What are some of the best practices for UTM tracking?
- I’ve tried to track our website on GMB using UTMs, but Google always reverts it back to our regular URL? What’s going on?
- Do you use the full UTM URL or convert it to shortlink?
- Should we delete our address in the info section of GMB if we have a physical storefront with signage but work as a SAB?
- Can I set up a GMB listing ahead of time but not verify right away in order not to break a non-compete?
- What’s the best way to utilize the services feature on a hotel’s GMB listing?
- Why would a GMB listing with poor reviews or no website rank higher than a GMB business that has good reviews and a website plus the other aspects of GMB filled out?
- How do you remove negative reviews from disgruntled employees?
- What’s the best way to delist a rank and rent site?
- What are some GMB listing strategies for a B2B new business?
- How do I handle a service area business that is more than 2 hours away from the corporate office?
- What do you do if legitimate ungated reviews are not being posted to a GMB listing?
- Is it logical to predict that products and services will eventually link to specific pages on your website?
- Is it possible to get a one star review removed because someone thought the prices were too high to become a customer?
- What do I do about problems with PIN code when trying to access my account?
- What are your thoughts on the possibility of GMB updating their business hours to by appointment only?
- When should you use CID links?
Links mentioned in this session are available on our website at https://localmarketinginstitute.com