Episode 215: Navigate Updates in Oral Adherence to Cancer Therapies
“The nurse is kind of the hub of a spoked wheel. You have your pharmacy and your provider all on the outside edge, but it’s the nurse that’s connecting all of these different support services together and being the main connection for the patient,” ONS member Elizabeth Bettencourt, RN, MSN, OCN®, oral oncolytic nurse navigator at Palo Alto Medical Foundation in Sunnyvale, CA, and member of the Silicon Valley ONS Chapter, said. Bettencourt joined Stephanie Jardine, BSN, RN, oncology clinical specialist at ONS, for a discussion on how oncology nurses can support their patients in adherence to oral anticancer medications. The advertising messages in this episode are paid for by Breast Cancer Index.
Music Credit: "Fireflies and Stardust" by Kevin MacLeod
Licensed under Creative Commons by Attribution 3.0
- ONS Guidelines™ to Support Patient Adherence to Oral Anticancer Medications
- ONS Oral Anticancer Medication Toolkit
- ONS Huddle Card™ on Financial Toxicity
- Oral Anticancer Medication Learning Library
- Oral Adherence Video
- Oncology Nursing Podcast Episode 16: Navigating the Challenges of Oral Chemotherapy
- ONS Voice articles
- Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing articles
- Oral Chemotherapy Adherence: A Novel Nursing Intervention Using an Electronic Health Record Workflow
- Assessment and Measurement of Medication Adherence: Oral Agents for Cancer
- Factors Influencing Oral Adherence: Qualitative Metasummary and Triangulation With Quantitative Evidence
- Overview of the Challenges Related to Oral Agents for Cancer and Their Impact on Adherence
- Oral Chemotherapy Education Sheets
To discuss the information in this episode with other oncology nurses, visit the ONS Communities.
To provide feedback or otherwise reach ONS about the podcast, email pubONSVoice@ons.org.