The Pelvic Floor: Rehab, Kegels, and Recovering From Childbirth with Kim Vopni
Understanding the functions and role of the pelvic floor and some of the changes a woman may find through the arc of her such as pregnancy or childbirth. We discuss how women rush to "bounce back" post-childbirth and how we ignore the necessary rehab, hormonal changes effect on the pelvic floor, as well as the uses of Kegel exercises to help restore the integrity of the pelvic floor.
Betty Hormones Sign-up: https://hellobetty.club/betty-hormones/
Thank you to our sponsors:
- Athletic Greens - athleticgreens.com/stephanie
- Orion Red Light Therapy - Use promo code STEPHANIE10 for 10% off - https://www.orionrlt.ca/?ref=Stephanie
- Lumen - Use promo code DRSTEPHANIE25 for $25 Dollars off - https://www.lumen.me/
- LMNT Electrolytes - FREE 7 flavor sample pack at http://drinklmnt.com/DrEstima
Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything (and in many cases give you a discount), but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
- 11:00 Introduction
- 15:15 What is Pelvic Floor?
- 21:42 Back Pain
- 22:41 Changes In Pelvic Floor In Pregnancy and Childbirth
- 28:51 Kegels During Pregnancy
- 38:19 Perineal Massage
- 43:40 Postpartum Care
- 52:28 Hormonal Changes and the Pelvic Floor
- 1:05:42 Conclusion
Connect with Kim: Instagram
More information about the book at The Betty Body Book
Join the Betty Booty Challenge
Join the Hello Betty Community here!