A Conversation with No-Plans (ft. Daniel Baer) | Ep. 215
Born and raised in Switzerland, Daniel Baer is a partner at the design studio No Plans. Fascinated by design through code since the MySpace era, Daniel has worked in digital design for over 15 years.
In 2014, Daniel co-founded No Plans alongside Daniel Pianetti—with Andrew McCarthy joining as a third partner in 2018. Together, the dynamic trio creates websites that are original and useful for some of the world’s biggest clients. Some of their clients include Givenchy, Bodega, Fantastic Man, Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation, Tom Dixon, Sotheby’s, and Christie’s.
For over an hour, we speak with Daniel about a variety of topics, including, but not limited to:
- How to get client buy-in when proposing new ideas
- How to fill the pipeline with potential clients
- How to make corporate processes work for small studios
- How the Denim Tears project came together
- Why it’s important to sharpen the intellectual diet
- How the filtering system was created for the Chen Chen + Kai Williams project