#110 Beating Brain Fog with Dr Sabina Brennan PhD
Brain fog is one of the commonest symptoms I come across as a doctor in primary care, yet the least understood.
On today’s podcast I speak with Dr Sabina Brennan PhD about her incredible career from Soaps to Science and everything to do with brain fog.
Dr Sabina is a chartered health psychologist (C.Psychol.,PsSI.), neuroscientist (PhD), host of the Super Brain podcast and best-selling author. Her new book Beating Brain Fog (Orion Spring) takes your symptoms seriously and shows that you don't have to live with them.
On today’s Pod you will learn:
- Why teenage brains explain their lack of inhibition
- Loneliness and its relationship with poor cognition
- What Brain Fog is
- How it can occur as a result of Hormone fluctuations, Oestrogen, pregnancy
- The relationship with Inflammation and viral infections
- The concept of neuroplasticity and the difference between Brain vs cognitive reserve
- Pain its association with BDNF and fog
- Why Dr Brennan prescribes smiling 5x a day
I loved this episode and Sabina is such a fantastic communicator and her mission to get everyone looking after their brain health as routinely as they brush their teeth.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.