The Truth About CBD, Cannabis + Overcoming Addiction & Limitation w/ Adam Wenguer of Element Health #437
Today’s guest is Adam Wenguer, founder of Element Health – one of the leading suppliers of the highest quality full-spectrum CBD products in the world.
After suffering serious spine and leg injuries in college, Adam was treated with pharmaceutical opioids, which led to an intense addiction. On his path to recovery, he became immersed in Zen Buddhism, health, and wellness and began a lifelong path into spirituality – one which has led to his sitting across from me on this fateful day in Austin.
In this episode, we dive deep into his personal journey to healing and awakening, touch on the ethics of hunting, discuss how he escaped a life of addiction, cover best practices for making the purest CBD, learn the language used to market it, and so much more.
Adam also gets honest (and inspirational) about his infertility journey, how a smokable ayahuasca experience led Adam to reverse his zero-sperm count and conceive a child. It’s truly magical stuff, ya’ll. You won’t want to miss this heartfelt episode about turning your life around after addiction and discovering a meaningful and purposeful life.
Once you’ve heard Adam’s take on CBD and cannabis, head over to Element Health and take advantage of our code ‘LUKE’ for 15% off: lukestorey.com/elementhealth.
00:04:24 — Living on a Farm & Hunting Ethics
- Why Adam moved from Miami to rural Florida
- Luke reflecting on his hunting experience with a bore
- Most hunters are avid environmentalists
- Connecting with nature and hunting by hand
00:27:52 — School Violence & Opioid Addiction
- Dealing with violence in grade school
- Experimentation with psychedelics
- Addiction to opioids from sports injuries
- Symptoms no one tells you about after getting clean
00:39:28 — Discovering the Divine
- Wherever You Go, There You Are by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Finding the divine through meditation
- Unlocking serenity with Zen Buddhism
- Meditation doesn’t have boundaries or labels
- Make your day a meditation – not specific times
00:50:46 — Journey of Formulating CBD
- Adam’s experience trying CBD for the first time
- Mass production and CBD
- Discovery of an old industrial strain of hemp
- Legalization of cannabis became the gateway to CBD
- A vessel to turn down the noise and achieve balance
- New studies show CBD inhibits viral replication
01:08:51 — Deciphering CBD Language
- How CBD is marketed
- What is full-spectrum CBD and why it’s superior
- Cannabis strains used to make CBD
- Smokable CBD and its effects
- Extraction methods from least to most toxic
- Use code LUKE for 15% off at lukestorey.com/elementhealth
01:24:09 —Different Forms & Uses of CBD
- Growing practices, organic vs. non-organic
- Can you use CBD for pets?
- Indoor vs. outdoor hemp
- What are CBG and CBN?
- CBD gummies laced with Delta Eight THC
- Legalization of cannabis
- Truth about CBD topicals
01:54:38 —Meditation Voyages & Fertility
- Struggles with infertility and using modern medicine
- Ceremony of gratitude and confronting the past
- From a zero sperm count to conceiving
- Ayahuasca Wisdom by Jules Henry Rivers
- Smoking ayahuasca to boost fertility
- Addressing the shadows that hang over you
- Near death experiences during a meditation voyage
- Diaper Free: The Gentle Wisdom of Natural Infant Hygiene by Ingrid Bauer
- The Continuum Concept by Jean Liedloff
- Using the practice of elimination communication
More about this episode.
Watch on YouTube.
THIS SHOW IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY:
MAGNESIUM BREAKTHROUGH. According to the American Psychological Association, chronic stress is linked to the six leading causes of death. When most people think of stress, they think of their job, traffic, tense relationships, current events, things like that. But the root of so much of the stress we experience comes down to a deficiency in one overlooked nutrient — magnesium. So, if you're ready to help your body deal with stress, instead of putting a band-aid on it after the fact, you’re going to want some Magnesium Breakthrough. You can use the code “luke10” for 10% off at magbreakthrough.com/luke.
INSIDE TRACKER. When you do what you love – like running, like racing, like enjoying the great outdoors – you want to do it for life. InsideTracker can help. InsideTracker was founded in 2009 by leading scientists in aging, genetics, and biometrics. Using their patented algorithm, InsideTracker analyzes your body's data to provide you with a clear picture of what's going on inside you and to offer you science-backed recommendations for positive diet and lifestyle changes. Then InsideTracker tracks your progress every day, every step of the way toward reaching your performance goals and living a longer, healthier life. You can get 20% off the entire InsideTracker store for a limited time by going to: insidetracker.com/luke.
TIMELINE NUTRITION. Mitopure is a breakthrough postbiotic that activates your body’s natural defense against aging. Clinically proven to unlock the potent bioactive, Urolithin A. It is the purest form of Urolithin A, a molecule, which is only produced as a by-product when gut bacteria digest specific ingredients found in pomegranates. Go to “LUKE10” for 10% of any 2, 4 or 12-month Mitopure plans at timelinenutrition.com.
SLEEPME. Science tells us that the best way to achieve and maintain consistent, deep sleep is by lowering core body temperature. Life Stylist listeners can save on the purchase of any new Cube, OOLER, or Dock Pro Sleep System, and start aiding their sleep routines today. Head to Sleep.me/LukeStorey for 25% off.
- Element Health: lukestorey.com/elementhealth 15% off with code LUKE
- CBD FAQs: bengreenfieldfitness.com/cbdfaq
- Instagram: @elementhealth
- Are you ready to block harmful blue light, and look great at the same time? Check out Gilded By Luke Storey. Where fashion meets function: gildedbylukestorey.com
- Join me on Telegram for the uncensored content big tech won’t allow me to post. It’s free speech and free content: www.lukestorey.com/telegram