380: What Google is Expecting from Food Creators with Arsen Rabinovich
How to understand high-ranking content on Google, how to tell when Google updates its algorithm, and the importance of user intent with Arsen Rabinovich.
Welcome to episode 380 of The Food Blogger Pro Podcast! This week on the podcast, Bjork interviews Arsen Rabinovich from TopHatRank about how content ranks with the Google Algorithm.
What Google is Expecting from Food Creators
Us, to Google Search: Why are you the way that you are?
If you’ve ever had similar feelings towards the world’s most popular search engine, you’re not alone! And luckily, Arsen Rabinovich is here to talk all about content that performs well in Google search results.
And while the way that the Google Algorithm works isn’t 100% understood, we can learn from other pieces of content within search engine results to understand what Google looks for in “good content.”
Bjork and Arsen have a great, approachable conversation in this episode, and career bloggers and newbies alike will definitely learn a thing or two that they can apply to their own content creation endeavors!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How he helps recipe bloggers at TopHatRank
- What White Hat and Black Hat SEO are
- How Google understands user intent
- How to tell when Google updates its algorithm
- Who names the Google Algorithm changes and how you can know what’s included
- If Google could make an update that only updates the food and recipe space
- Who John Mueller is
- How Google understands the content of a web page
- Whether or not schema is a ranking factor
- If should creators should create content in service of the algorithm
- How to understand what ranks well on Google
- What domain authority and authoritativeness are
- How plural search terms are understood by Google
- Casey Markee
- Media Wyse
- SEO for Bloggers Webinars
- 367: Brainstorming Content Ideas with Ranking Potential and Writing Great Blog Posts with Ashley Segura
- Semrush Sensor
- What creators should know about Google’s helpful content update
- Google’s Medic Update
- List of Google Search ranking updates
- Yoast SEO
- TopHatRank for Bloggers
- How to Update Seasonal Content – SEO For Bloggers Episode #26
- Pinterest Organic: Recap of SEO For Bloggers Episode #25
- Follow TopHatRank on Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube
- Join the Food Blogger Pro Podcast Facebook Group
This episode is sponsored by Clariti. Learn how you can organize your blog content for maximum growth by going to clariti.com/food.
If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions for interviews, email us at email@example.com.
Learn more about joining the Food Blogger Pro community at foodbloggerpro.com/membership.