384: How Toni Okamoto Runs Two Food Blogs and Grew Her Email List to Over 80,000 Subscribers
Running two food blogs, building a team, and rapidly growing an email list with Toni Okamoto from Plant-Based on a Budget.
Welcome to episode 384 of The Food Blogger Pro Podcast! This week on the podcast, Bjork interviews Toni Okamoto from Plant-Based on a Budget about how she runs her two food blogs and how she’s grown her email list to over 80,000 subscribers.
Running Two Food Blogs and Growing an Email List
Today, we’re really excited to share this conversation with Toni Okamoto! She’s the creator behind not one, but two, successful food blogs: Plant-Based on a Budget and Food Sharing Vegan.
In this episode, you’ll hear what she’s done to get both blogs accepted into Mediavine, why she decided to expand her team, how she’s grown her email list to over 80,000 subscribers, and more.
Toni’s passion for her work shines through in this interview, and we know you’ll have so many takeaways after learning her story and content creation strategy!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Toni started sharing food content online
- How she has strategically grown her two food blogs
- Why she believes so strongly in investing in her business
- Why she decided to expand her team
- What tools she uses to stay in contact with her team
- What the primary revenue sources are for her business
- How she works with sponsors on her blog, social media, podcast, and email newsletter
- How she has grown her email list to over 80,000 subscribers
- Why she places so much emphasis on social media
- Plant-Based on a Budget
- Food Sharing Vegan
- The Plant-Powered People Podcast
- What the Health
- Kate Kordsmeier
- The E Myth Revisited
- World of Vegan
- Matt Molen
- Mediavine Spotlight
- 201: Email Marketing for Bloggers with Matt Molen
- Sign up for the FBP Cyber Monday Waitlist!
- Follow Toni on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest
- Join the Food Blogger Pro Podcast Facebook Group
This episode is sponsored by Clariti. Learn how you can organize your blog content for maximum growth by going to clariti.com/food.
If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions for interviews, be sure to email them to email@example.com.
Learn more about joining the Food Blogger Pro community at foodbloggerpro.com/membership