Season 12, Episode 1: Guilt-Free Ways to Increase Food Satisfaction
When we think of feeling satisfied from food, we often think satisfaction comes from more and more food and/or sweet/salty foods. Yet with some basic body knowledge, we can decode what’s actually happening instead of thinking more willpower is the answer. And in the end, feel more satisfied from healthy food and in control of indulgences.
After some time away from the mic, Ali gives a personal update and shares:
- An unexpected root cause of why we don’t feel satisfied from healthy food and how to change this (and why COVID made eating healthier so much harder)
- The food shift that instantly reduces cravings while increasing satisfaction of healthy food.
- The three main lifestyle factors that make healthy food and life more satisfying
- The sleep-food connection and sleep trouble-shooting tips based on what Ali’s learning from her own sleep coach and perimenopause
- An overview of the stress-pleasure “checkbook” physiology, its affect on how much we think about food, our food satisfaction and how to balance it so healthy food becomes more satisfying and we feel in control with indulgences