Can Trauma and Suffering Lead To An Extraordinary Spiritual Awakening with Steve Taylor
“For some people when their ego dissolves, a new self arises inside them, a new identity arises like a phoenix from the ashes of that ego and that new self is always a spirituality awakened high functioning self.” --- Steve Taylor
In this episode of @mysevenchakras, our host AJ and Steve Taylor covered topics such as spiritual awakening, traumatic experience, the meaning and significance of suffering, the importance of detachment and the true nature of the soul….
Steve Taylor, PhD, is the author of Extraordinary Awakenings and many other bestselling books. He’s a senior lecturer in psychology at Leeds Beckett University and the chair of the Transpersonal Psychology Section of the British Psychological Society. Steve’s articles and essays have been published in over 100 academic journals, magazines, and newspapers and he blogs for Scientific American and Psychology Today.
To learn more about Steve Taylor visit www.stevenmtaylor.com
Key Points Discussed
- I studied for a Master's Degree and I realized this is what I am interested in, this is my role, this is my purpose. I began to be more and more interested in Transpersonal psychology. I did a Ph.D. in Transpersonal psychology and I realized it was where my soul as a whole in studying spirituality. (05:21)
- A spiritual awakening is an expansion and an intensification of awareness, sometimes that’s interpreted in the concept of spiritual traditions. (9:31)
- Most addicts got a history of trauma, usually childhood trauma, physical, sexual abuse during childhood, or emotional deprivation during childhood. I think that is often the root of the addiction. In a way what they're trying to do with that trauma, they're trying to medicate themselves dealing with that trauma. (16:29)
- I found out in my research that around two-thirds of people experienced these kinds of after-death communications, sometimes a very direct, sometimes an interaction, sometimes like voice, often a smell, sometimes symbolic communications. (25:58)
- There are actually two kinds of near-death experience. (26:39)
- Ego dissolution can take place through intense stress or through a long process of loss and detachment. (43:11)
- Life is always an adventure. Every experience we go through in life has a developmental effect on us. Every experience deepens us, widens us that's why old people often have special wisdom. (45:26)
- There’s certainly a parallel between psychosis and spiritual awakening. (47:11)
- Life in this world, in this body, is an incredibly precious and fragile gift, so we gotta appreciate it. (54:41)
- In a few years, we will realize that we have undergone some post-traumatic growth. (58:03)
1) HelloFresh: With HelloFresh, you get fresh, pre-measured ingredients and mouthwatering seasonal recipes delivered right to your door! Go to HelloFresh.com/actiontribe14 and use code actiontribe14 for up to 14 free meals, including free shipping!
2) Feals: Feals is a premium CBD that will help to keep your head clear and feel your best. Its all natural and organic with just 2 ingredients –US grown full spectrum hemp and 100 % USDA organic MCT oil! Become a member today by going to www.feals.com/actiontribe and get 40% off your first three months with free shipping.
As next steps, here’s how we can support you:
Free Breathwork Foundations Course ($ 97 value): http://mysevenchakras.com/freebreathworkcourse
To save your spot for our next advanced manifestation workshop, visit mysevenchakras.com/manifestation
Enroll in the 21-Day SOMA Breathwork protocol. Highly recommended! Check it out here
Drop in for a single group Breathwork session (No monthly commitment): www.mysevenchakras.com/dropin
Leave a voice message on my website! (click the blue mic): https://mysevenchakras.com
Join our Facebook Group to be notified about our upcoming Breathwork circles, visit https://mysevenchakras.com/tribe
Subscribe on Youtube: https://bit.ly/37z987N
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/my-seven-chakras-with-aj/donations
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands
Privacy & Opt-Out: https://redcircle.com/privacy