Publishing a Book: An Honest and Real Conversation with Mark Leruste
In this episode, Chris invites Mark Leruste onto the show for the first time to discuss his book, Glow in the Dark! They discuss the challenges of launching a book, including marketing and promotion, and the requirements needed to make it on the Sunday Times bestseller list in the UK.
They also touch on the biggest hurdle Mark experienced on launch day, how he turned it around to play in his favor, as well as the pros and cons of traditional publishing vs. self publishing… plus a whole lot more! If you’re thinking about writing your first (or next!) book, this is a conversation you won’t want to miss.
- [07:16] - Publishing traditionally, launching in December and what it takes to become a bestseller
- [16:27] - The biggest hurdle Mark experienced on the launch day and how he turned it around into a strong marketing campaign
- [21:05] - Mark’s take on the publishing industry as a whole after going through it
- [30:13] - The original idea for Mark’s book and how it pivoted over time
- [33:37] - Who Glow in the Dark is for and what it truly focuses on
Essential Learning Points From This Episode
- The pros and cons of traditional publishing vs. self publishing
- How Mark took a situation out of his control and played in his favor during launch week
- Mark’s take on the publishing industry and his advice for people wanting to publish a book traditionally
- Why entrepreneurs need to share their stories more often to transform their business
Important Links & Mentions From This Episode
- Pick Up a Copy of Glow in the Dark
- Join the Youpreneur Incubator Waitlist
- Apply for Chris’ Inner Circle, the Round Table Mastermind
- Take the Next Step Business Assessment
- Subscribe to Chris’ YouTube Channel
- Browse the Youpreneur FM Podcast Archive
Thank you for tuning in!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, but you chose ours, and we’re grateful for that. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see on the player at the top of this page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your favorite app, using the link below the player at the top of this page.