Skincare Guru May Lindstrom on her Cult-Favorite “Blue Cocoon" Balm, Saying No To Retail and The Power of Small Batch Beauty
In the spirit of slowing down – and soaking up every last bit of summer – this week we welcome May Lindstrom, organic skincare guru and founder of her eponymous luxury skincare line, May Lindstrom Skincare. May started crafting her addicting, aromatherapeutic concoctions from her kitchen back in 2008 – long before “clean” beauty was a buzzword. Today, beauty insiders covet her number one-selling “Blue Cocoon” balm, a magical blue tansy cure-all beloved by Tracee Ellis Ross and Sadie Sink, among others.
In this week’s episode you’ll hear:
- How May’s self-described “Little House on the Prairie” upbringing inspired her connection to plants and nature, the bedrock of her brand today
- How the artisanal formulator went from living in her car in LA to training line chefs at one of Emeril Lagasse’s New Orleans’ hotspot restaurants to modeling – and ultimately, to respected skincare guru
- Why May chose to pull her brand from top retailers in 2020 – essentially cutting her profit in half
- The reason May Lindstrom products have a “born on” date affixed to every label
- What we can expect from the brand next
For any products or links mentioned in this episode, check out our episode recaps on our website here:
PROMO CODES: When you support our sponsors, you support the creation of Breaking Beauty Podcast!
Live life your OUAI and get your fast fix for healthy-looking hair with their best-selling hair oil. Go to TheOuai.com and use code BEAUTY15 for 15% off any purchase.
Introducing the new Curl Secret by Conair, your new favorite styling tool for effortless
curls. It boasts customizable settings, multi-directional action and tangle-free tech – all at the push of a button. Shop Curl Secret by Conair, exclusively at Ulta.
*Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, all products reviewed are gratis media samples submitted for editorial consideration.*
Theme song, used with permission: Cherry Bomb by Saya
Produced by Dear Media Studio