4 Things We Stress About & 6 Steps to Reduce Anxiety During This Time
Who doesn’t love the holidays? But we all know the most wonderful time of the year can be stressful. Whether it’s the stress of giving gifts, difficult family members reopening old wounds, heated debates with that stubborn aunt or uncle, it’s important to remain calm and stay present.
In this episode, Jay Shetty shares 4 of the most common sources of Christmas stress, along with 6 simple, practical steps to reduce anxiety during the most wonderful time of the year (or family gatherings in general)
- 00:00 - Who doesn’t love the holiday season? But it can be stressful
- 03:25 - Research from APA.org Holiday Stress & Resource Center
- 06:18 - Stress #1, dealing with the pressure of gift giving
- 09:26 - Stress #2, receiving unwanted gifts & how to handle disappointment
- 12:32 - Stress #3, finances & overspending during the holidays
- 14:52 - Stress #4, relationships & reopening old family wounds
- 17:00 - Step #1, be cautious with your calendar & it’s okay to say “No”
- 18:19 - Step #2, prioritize sleep & get enough rest
- 20:22 - Step #3, allow for imperfection & be okay with not meeting expectations
- 21:48 - Step #4, focus on what matters - connection & making new memories
- 23:23 - Step #5, know that winning an argument with family doesn’t solve anything
- 23:42 - Step #6, don’t wait until the New Year to take time to reflect
Like this show? Please leave us a review here - even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!