Open Water - The Most Sustainable Bottled Water in the World
“Almost every week we hear about there being plastic particles found in the deepest trenches of the ocean, on the highest mountains, in our blood, which is really, really scary. So people are more and more aware of this plastic problem and are actively looking for solutions to cut plastic out of their lives.”
In today’s episode, we interview Nicole Doucet, Co-Founder & CEO and Jess Page, Co-Founder & Chief Brand Officer of Open Water. Open Water is an ultra-purified, electrolyte-packed canned water in BPA-free aluminum packaging. Is it recyclable? Check. Climate Neutral? You bet. Plus, they encourage you to fill up at the tap whenever possible, really.
* Their Gratitude Story
* How did they come up with the idea and what was the motivator?
* Why is buying bottled water such a stupid idea?
* How and why did they decide to use aluminum packaging?
* Were they entrepreneurs looking for an idea or was it an idea looking for an entrepreneur to take it forward?
* How they overcame challenges such as the widespread use of plastics
* The difficulties in getting the business off the ground
* The 3 ways they tried to get ahead of the challenges
* Why they stayed away from retail in the early days
* Their advice for founders including, get a co-founder
* Their huge mistake in naming the brand and what they recommend to others
* What was it about not having a label on the can that was really important to them?
* How are they building a business with sustainable practices as well?
* What they are really proud of about the brand & business
* And so much more…
Join Ramon Vela, Nicole Doucet, and Jess Page as we break down the inside story of Open Water on The Story of a Brand.
For more on Open Water, visit: https://drinkopenwater.com/
Subscribe and listen to the podcast on all major apps. Simply search for “The Story of a Brand” on your favorite podcast player.
Get a step-by-step playbook to drive more revenue and retention with email & SMS. This is typically a $500 package, but for our listeners, it’s entirely FREE when you get started with your FREE 14-day trial of Sendlane. Go to my special link.
SARAL is offering an exclusive 14-day free trial for my listeners. They will also do a special strategy session to make sure you’re set up for success. Go to my special link.
With just a few simple questions, customers have an accurate recommendation based on their unique body shape that will support them throughout their shopping session. The stats don't lie, most brands will see an immediate increase in conversions upon installation. Want to provide this service to your shoppers, visit and request a demo.