Guarded Vs Carried Away
I think it pretty much goes without saying that our past can leave us damaged, especially when it comes to finding love and healing our hearts in preparation for finding our person. With some of my clients, that has led them to approach dating being guarded in fear of getting hurt again. On the other hand, I have seen other clients of mine get really swept up in the giddyness of something new and they have found themselves getting carried away when they needed to be a bit more cautious. In this episode, let’s look at both of these situations, how they affect your dating life, and how you approach dating from a more clear and up-leveled place so that you can really find your person.
This topic has a ton of nuance and can vary widely depending on your past and where you are on your journey of healing your heart and finding love again. If you want to sink your teeth deeper into these tools and get coached, then I invite you to join my one-year group coaching program, Stop Wanting Him Back and Find Someone Better. Or, for a limited time, I am again offering my 60-video course, with the same title as this podcast and as my group coaching program. With this course, you get lifetime access to the videos. To learn more, or if you have any questions, go to my website https://clairetheheartbreakcoach.com/
Topics In This Episode:
- Reflecting back and looking at what you can do differently next time
- Being a nonjudgemental curious witness
- Identifying the root thought that is preventing you from creating the results
- Being guarded doesn’t serve you. And neither does getting carried away.
- What it looks like when you’re getting carried away
- Working on this area of your life doesn’t mean turning off your feelings
- Thinking of yourself as “The Bachelorette” in your own dating life
- How being guarded is getting in your way, and isn’t fair to you or the person you are dating
- The fear can be there and you can still show up and be present
- Episode, What's Loving Yourself Got To Do With It
- Episode, My Heartbreak Story
- Part One: Empath-Life In Romantic Relationships
- Episode: It's Ok To Need
- Episode, The Power Of Your Word
- Episode, Let's Talk About Boundaries
PLEASE NOTE: Claire refers to her exes and the listener’s ex as a “he,” based on her own personal experience as a heterosexual female, but this work can be applied to ANYONE going through heartbreak. ALL genders and sexual orientations are encouraged to listen and apply Claire’s tools into their own lives!
Editing and show notes by Roth Media