If you’ve listened to my podcast before, you’ll know that I am in my ideal relationship with the love of my life, Larry. And it’s not just him, he also has four amazing kids and I get to be a part of their lives too. Throughout this relationship, I have talked about this situation in bits and pieces, but I’ve never dedicated a whole episode to what it’s like to date a dad, so that’s what I’m doing this week. And joining me to share her experience of dating a dad is my bestie, Jamie McKeowen. In our conversation, we really focus on our personal experiences, how to navigate dating someone with children, and how you can open yourself up to new possibilities in your dating life as well.
Some of the situations I have faced throughout my relationship and acclimating to the lives of these little humans would not have been possible without getting coached. And honestly, I was only able to call in the love of my life and create this ideal relationship using the tools that I share with you in my course, Stop Wanting Him Back and Find Someone Better. In this course, I help you create the results of stop wanting Mr. or Ms. Wrong Back, fall in love with you, and find someone better. And if you are really wanting to take your healing to the next level, I invite you to join my group program, of the same name. To learn more and apply, go to my website https://clairetheheartbreakcoach.com/
Topics In This Episode
- You could be missing out on something amazing if you are limiting your options
- The hardest part about being a step-parent for me
- Differences between listening to the podcast and working with me as your coach
- Redefining baggage and past emotional trauma
- What you should have in place before meeting your partner’s kids
- “It’s hard sharing him”
- Being considerate and accomodating, yet still advocating for yourself
- Addressing moments of resentment
- Jamie’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jamiesguide/
- Previous Episodes With Jamie:
- Why Is It So Hard To Find Him?
- Listener Q&A
- Why Do Men...?
- Why Can't We Be Friends?
- She Found Someone Better
PLEASE NOTE: Claire refers to her exes and the listener’s ex as a “he,” based on her own personal experience as a heterosexual female, but this work can be applied to ANYONE going through heartbreak. ALL genders and sexual orientations are encouraged to listen and apply Claire’s tools into their own lives!
Editing and show notes by Roth Media