86: Be Data Literate: The Skills Everyone Needs w/ Jordan Morrow
We have all seen massive shifts in the world of data literacy in the last few years, with the pandemic having undeniable and sometimes surprising effects on the professional landscape. Joining me to talk about these changes and the skills that can best serve data literacy in the contemporary climate is returning guest and one of the godfathers of data literacy, Jordan Morrow!
Jordan was previously a guest on Episode 66, so I recommend listening to that masterclass first if you have not already! In today's chat we get into some of Jordan's amazing frameworks from his new book, Be Data Literate, The Data Literacy Skills Everyone Needs To Succeed with Jordan giving listeners an inside scoop on his amazing ideas and practical wisdom!
In this episode, you'll learn:
- [0:15:41] How data literacy has infiltrated most spheres and the roles of many other professionals.
- [0:16:20] Jordan explains the four levels of analytics; descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive.
- [0:24:05] Generational gaps in dealing with data; Jordan's advice for improvement.
- [0:31:52] Jordan shares his six-step framework.
- [0:34:11] Some advice from Jordan to women working in the world of data literacy.
- [0:38:09] Getting to grips with Jordan's 'three Cs' of data literacy and the value of curiosity, creativity, and critical thinking!
- [0:43:00] Jordan comments on strategies for building rapport, facilitating relationships, and the need for interpersonal skills.
- [0:49:51] Exciting information about the raffle for Jordan's book, exclusive to AOF listeners!
For full show notes, and the links mentioned visit: https://bibrainz.com/podcast/86
Enjoyed the Show?