Roku’s Wipeout and whether the Black Box will Open
Roku's dud of a quarter echoed both Snap's report from the week earlier and the start of the pandemic as the sudden advertising slowdown hit them as well. The issues with Roku go beyond the quarter, starting primarily with how much harder it is to understand the details of their business. Will this quarter force a change? And what else does the advertising slowdown mean for the market? We discuss on this week's The Razor's Edge.Topics Covered
- 3:30 minute mark – Breaking down Roku’s wipeout
- 11:30 – How important is the advertising wipeout in general
- 19:30 – Whisper numbers and the Roku black box
- 31:30 – Will this force Roku to be more transparent? The Twilio example
- 39:30 – What makes Roku more interesting?
- 55:00 – The death of never sell