186: Listen and Learn -- Establishment Clause and Free Exercise Clause (Con Law)
Welcome back to the Bar Exam Toolbox podcast! Today, we're discussing the Establishment Clause and the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment, which pertain to the right to freedom of religion.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Restrictions that the Establishment Clause and the Free Exercise Clause impose on the government
- Strict scrutiny analysis
- Lemon v. Kurtzman and the Lemon Test
- Going through two questions from previous California bar exams
- “Listen and Learn” series (https://barexamtoolbox.com/bar-exam-toolbox-podcast-archive-by-topic/bar-exam-toolbox-podcast-explaining-individual-mee-and-california-bar-essay-questions/#listen-learn)
- The Brainy Bar Bank: Streamlining Bar Study (https://barexamtoolbox.com/brainy-bar-bank/)
- California Bar Examination – Essay Questions and Selected Answers, February 2011 (https://juraxbar.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/February-2011-CBX.pdf)
- California Bar Examination – Essay Questions and Selected Answers, February 2014 (https://www.calbar.ca.gov/Portals/0/documents/admissions/gbx/February2014CBXSelectedAnswers_R.pdf)
- Podcast Episode 44: Tackling a California Bar Exam Essay: Constitutional Law (https://barexamtoolbox.com/podcast-episode-44-tackling-a-california-bar-exam-essay-constitutional-law/)
- Podcast Episode 76: Tackling an MEE Con Law Essay (https://barexamtoolbox.com/podcast-episode-76-tackling-an-mee-con-law-essay-question/)
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/bar-exam-toolbox-podcast-pass-bar-exam-less-stress/id1370651486) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Bar Exam Toolbox website (https://barexamtoolbox.com/contact-us/). Finally, if you don't want to miss anything, you can sign up for podcast updates (https://barexamtoolbox.com/get-bar-exam-toolbox-podcast-updates/)!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee