MI101: The Business of Sports w/ Dan Soviero
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
- 6:38 - Things to consider when deciding to drop out of college
- 13:37 - What the NLL is and how it’s different from the MLL and PLL, which have now merged
- 17:46 - How to form a relationship with the NLL and other professional leagues to become the official ball
- 25:07 - What it means from a business perspective to be the exclusive provider or official ball of a sports league and what the strategy and goal are with a relationship like this
- 26:47 - How Signature Lacrosse competes in a competitive industry and what makes them different from other lacrosse equipment companies
- 31:22 - If hiring athletes and ex-athletes is the best employment strategy
- 32:28 - Why choosing to do equity crowdfunding is a good source for raising capital
- 41:43 - What Dan’s long-term goal with Signature Lacrosse is
- 44:41 - The habits or principles Dan has incorporated into his life that have lead to his success
- And much, much more!
*Disclaimer: Slight timestamp discrepancies may occur due to podcast platform differences.
- Get more FREE content from Robert
- Get a FREE audiobook from Audible
- Lewis Howes’ book The School of Greatness
- Gay Hendricks’ Book The Big Leap
- Gary Vaynerchuk’s book Crushing It!
- Lori Greiner’s book Invent It, Sell It, Bank It!
- All of Robert’s favorite books
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors
- Save with a credit union that helps you build financial confidence with Navy Federal Credit Union
- Learn from people who are doing things doing things 100% with Marcus Lemonis. One Hundred Percent with Marcus Lemonis is available on Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, or wherever you get your podcasts
- Access conference calls, investor presentations, transcripts and earnings reports as frictionless as possible with Quartr. Available now on Google Play
- If you want to learn how to bootstrap or create a magnetic brand, then listen to Secret Leaders wherever you get your podcasts
- Automate your key business processes, and close your books in a fraction of the time with Netsuite
Read this episode’s transcript and full show notes on our website.