59. Overcoming the Odds to Earn an MBA, with Darius Whitted
Darius Whitted was the first person in his family to go to college. Then, as if that weren't enough, he went on to earn his MBA from the Thomas School of Business at UNC Pembroke, graduating this Spring. Those accomplishments are impressive in their own right, to be sure. But what makes Darius's educational journey even more remarkable is that Darius has been paralyzed since the age of three.
In this episode of The Dominate Test Prep Podcast, Darius shares his inspiring story of overcoming the obstacles that life has thrown at him in pursuit of a brighter future. He believes that he can make a positive difference in the world through business, and there can be little doubt that with his positive attitude and can-do spirit — and his newly-earned MBA degree! — he will do just that.
Getting an advanced degree can be challenging. After listening to Darius, hopefully you come away realizing that if he can defy the odds and do it, you can, too. Enjoy!
RESOURCES / LINKS
- [Article] Learn more about Darius's story: "Graduate Student Overcomes Unbelievable Odds to Degree"
- Learn more about The University of North Carolina at Pembroke
- Connect with Darius on LinkedIn
- Connect with Darius on Facebook
If you enjoyed this episode, we encourage you to check out these other similar episodes of The Dominate Test Prep Podcast:
- Episode 51: Succeeding in School — and Life — with a Learning Disability, with Dr. Shirag Shemmassian
- Episode 43: What Corporate Recruiters are Looking For, with Jemima Makis
- Episode 28: The Value of an MBA, with Tim Munyon
A DOSE OF MOTIVATION
“Always listen to experts. They’ll tell you what can’t be done, and why. Then do it.” — Robert A. Heinlein